Riders on Sacramento Regional Transit trains have a new set of virtual eyes watching them after the transportation agency added an estimated 700 cameras to its fleet of 97 train cars.
The additional cameras bring Regional Transit’s total to more than 1,000. The remaining cameras are located at a majority of the 52 stations along the train lines.
Currently, 90 percent of train cars have eight cameras installed inside them. The goal is to have the remaining 10 percent online by March with 12 cameras each.
Read the complete article at http://www.kcra.com/article/sacramento-regional-transit-adds-700-live-cameras-to-trains/16023421