Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have awarded a C$443 million (US$347.93 million) contract for the Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements Project, which is part of the GO Expansion initiative, to EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT).
EDIT will design, build and finance the project that includes accessibility and other improvements to the Long Branch GO Station, a grade separation at Burloak Drive, replacement of a pedestrian bridge at Drury Lane and work that will enable electrification of the corridor.
The EDIT team is led by EllisDon Capital Inc. with the company’s EllisDon Civil Ltd. arm leading the construction team and its EllisDon Capital Inc. arm serving as the team’s financial advisor. The EDIT design team consists of:
- Civil: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Limited and Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Architectural: Stantec, Strasman Architects
- Electrical: Mulvey + Banani International Inc.
- Mechanical: The Aquila Group
- Structural: Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
- Signals: Stantec
- Geotechnical: Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Track: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Stantec
- Environmental: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements is part of the regional effort to provide two-way, all-day service on core segments of the GO Rail network.
Onsite mobilization and pre-construction work will begin in spring 2022 with construction to begin in the fall.