ZF Aftermarket will be introducing ZF Bus Connect at APTA EXPO 2023. The new digital product provides a cloud-based tool for bus fleets, service providers and OEMs to increase safety and efficiency, improve uptime and decrease total cost of ownership by turning remote vehicle data into actionable insights.
A robust digital solution for bus fleets, service providers and OEMs, ZF Bus Connect consists of three elements:
- A small, on-board unit in the vehicle
- The cloud
- A web-based portal or mobile app
Users can configure the all-in-one solution as a package or use their own compatible on-board unit connect to the cloud and access the information via the ZF Bus Connect portal or app.
ZF Health Check, a module within ZF Bus Connect, enables aftermarket providers to identify and address maintenance needs for ZF transmissions, reducing the risk of unexpected breakdowns and minimizing downtime.
“With ZF Bus Connect, we are empowering fleets, service providers and OEMs to leverage vehicle data to improve operations, lower their costs and serve customers better,“ said Anuj Gupta, head of digital for ZF Aftermarket in North America. “It’s a powerful digital tool that helps users bring greater value to their customers while moving toward a more sustainable model of operations.”
ZF Bus Connect is compatible with city buses and coaches with both electric and combustion engines or hybrid systems in a mixed fleet. Operators can use it to check every aspect of a vehicle in operation, including its location in real-time, current energy or fuel consumption, battery charge, brake wear and status of vehicles parts and systems.
As an advanced fleet management tool, ZF Bus Connect addresses three important aspects of operation:
- Safety: Geofencing and monitoring of driver behavior to detect risks, thereby preventing accidents and protecting against unauthorized operation
- Efficiency: Live data evaluation of individual vehicles allows fleet operators to optimize driving and route plans, reducing mileage, as well as stops and starts, which improves fuel consumption
- Uptime: Predictive remote detection of damage or wear and tear, as well as diagnosis and secure over-the-air updates to reduce unplanned downtime. Improved vehicle maintenance also contributes to safer operation.
With easy-to-install onboard units, ZF Bus Connect equips service providers with early warnings and insights into potential issues and maintenance requirements. This gives maintenance shops the information they need to serve their customers proactively, creating opportunities for stronger customer centricity and captivity.