Community Transit has opened a new Swift Blue Line station on northbound Highway 99 at 196th St. SW in Lynnwood. The agency's new station will provide easier access to the Lynnwood Crossroads, James Village and other nearby businesses for Swift Blue Line riders traveling to and from the north. It will also create easy connections between the Swift Blue Line and future Swift Orange Line.
The new station features a new design to make trips safer and easier for riders.
At the new station, riders will experience:
- Better protection from bad weather to keep them warm and dry.
- New L-shaped screens with better protection from wind.
- New roof design for better protection from rain.
- New seats designed for comfort that are drier in wet weather, warmer in cold weather and cooler in hot weather.
- Increased security measures to make riders feel safer while they wait for the bus.
- More lighting to make it easier to see at night.
- Open L-shaped screens, making it easier to be aware of surroundings and for the bus driver to see riders
- Better signage to make travel easier for everyone
- All new backlit station signage, making easier to see at night with more information so customers know they’re in the right spot.
- New digital kiosk that will show alerts and other real-time information in addition to the Swift map.
- New full-color “next bus” real-time signage with audible announcements that state when the next bus is coming.
- Easier payment options for ORCA and Swift tickets.
- Ticket machines on both sides of the station.
- ORCA card readers that are easier to see so riders can tap before they board the bus.
The Swift Orange Line stations will use this same design when they open in 2024 and will run between McCollum Park Park & Ride and Edmonds College. It will connect to the Swift Green Line in Mill Creek and the Swift Blue Line at the new northbound station and the existing southbound station on Highway 99.
Community Transit will also be extending the Swift Green and Blue Lines, as well as planning for the Swift Gold line, in the coming years.