Mountain Metro opens bike to work challenge.
Photo credit: Mountain Metropolitan Transit
June 25 marks the 21st anniversary of Mountain Metro Rides Bike to Work Day.
Mountain Metro Rides, a division of Mountain Metropolitan Transit, organizes Bike to Work Day each June to encourage bicycling for personal and community health, alternative transportation, recreation and sustainability.
New to this year’s event, the downtown breakfast location will be held at Acacia Park at 115 E. Platte Ave. and a fourth breakfast location will be added at the YMCA at 2190 Jet Wing Drive.
For more information visit Mountain Metropolitan’s web pages. Following are some tips that will ensure you enjoy biking to work:
• Have your bike checked over by your local bike shop
• Always wear a helmet to protect your head
• Ride in the far right lane
• Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings
• Look before you change lanes and/or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act
• Be visible and predictable at all times; wear bright clothing and signal turns