Public transportation use in the United States saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually. Metro is spreading the word about the benefits of riding public transportation in honor of Dump the Pump Day.
Although the official Dump the Pump Day is June 19, Metro has activities planned throughout June to appreciate current riders and convince new riders to give it a try.
Park & Ride Appreciation
Metro representatives will be giving away prizes on the following dates, mornings from 6 - 8 a.m.:
- June 10, Meijer - Colerain Township, 3711 Stone Creek Blvd.
- June 12, Meijer - Mason, 3911 W Sr 22-3
- June 17, Meijer - West Chester, 7390 Tylersville Rd.
- June 18, Forest Park Park & Ride,1160 Kemper Meadow
- June 19, Anderson Ctr. Station, 7832 Five Mile
New Rider Invitation
Metro will be passing out free rides (while supplies last) to anyone who is a “new” rider or who wants to give Metro a try, from noon - 1 p.m., June 20, Government Square, Fifth Street between Main and Walnut