Lytx Inc. announced Feb. 27 the winners of its first annual “Driver of the Year” and “Coach of the Year” Awards.
The awards honor drivers and coaches among the hundreds of organizations currently using the DriveCam® Program to improve overall fleet performance. For drivers, Lytx recognized those who operate their vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, have excelled in the DriveCam Program, and whose contributions have enhanced the overall image of commercial transportation. For coaches, the award honored those who have excelled in the “coach” role and whose contributions have enhanced the overall safety of their organization.
Winners of the “Driver of the Year” Award were given in the following industries:
- First Place — Troy Hurt of Linde North America
- Second Place — James Lapinski of Cemex
- First Place — Dennis Burrell of Waste Management
- Second Place (tie) — Clinton Coley of Waste Industries
- Second Place (tie) — James Williams of City of Tyler
- First Place — Betty Hoots of Renzenberger, Inc.
- Second Place — Charles Craig of ARS
Winners of “Coach of the Year” Awards were:
- First Place — Myron Broadnax of MV Transportation
- Second Place — Scott Speirs of Waste Management
In addition, the international first place award for Driver of the Year was given to Ian Peters of DS Smith (UK).
"As a leading provider of fleet safety solutions, we are honored to recognize these drivers and coaches who are truly making a difference and are among the safest in the transportation industry," said Del Lisk, vice president of safety solutions for Lytx. “These winners may work in different sectors of the transportation industry, but they all share a common commitment to safe driving and improving their driving skills that is evident in their performance every single day. We’re proud to support them and thousands of their fellow drivers through the DriveCam Program.”