The tBOX321-870-FL computer box is designed to work with railway applications.
Photo credit: Axiomtek
Axiomtek has introduced its new high-performance fanless embedded computing box suited for railway-centric PC, the tBOX321-870-FL.
Built-in 3rd Generation Intel Core processor has been integrated into this robust system, Intel Core i7-3517UE (up to 2.8 GHz) or Intel Core i3-3217UE (1.6 GHz) processor. The tBOX321-870-FL adopts an onboard processor and onboard DRAM which greatly reduces the impact of vibration and shock ideally for railway fields.
Especially, it certified with EN50155 / EN50121 for rolling stock, complies with EN45545-2 for fire resistance and power interruption class S2 for power supply stability, greatly advancing the system performance and reliability. This compact box computer has an IP40-rated and rugged aluminum extrusion and steel case. It can operate in critical environments with temperature ranging from -40°C to +70°C. This application-ready platform targets at mobility control unit, passenger information system, video surveillance and many more applications.
“We equipped this embedded unit with rich features to help ensure public safety and system stability in railway applications” said Roger Shyu, product manager of product and marketing division at Axiomtek. “It has M12 connectors for Ethernet, USB 2.0, power input, screw-type audio port; isolated COM and DIO port as well as dual view support (VGA & DVI). Two SATA3 HDD drive bays with RAID 0/1 function are lockable and removable which is easily accessible from the front and is vibration assistant. Moreover, it has won the "Taiwan Excellence 2014" award.”
Application-ready Solution Certified with Railway Standard
The rugged all-in-one fanless platform, tBOX321-870-FL, certified with the EN50155 and EN50121 for rolling stock, complied with the fire protection of railway vehicles Europe standard PrCEN TS 45545-2. Moreover, it also passed power interruption class S2 for power stability.
Enhanced Vibration & Shock Resistance
Considering to the system reliability and stability, the tBOX321-870-FL designed M12 connectors of LAN, USB 2.0 & power input, and audio port which keep all cables tightly secured ideally for railway application. The lockable and removable front-side SATA3 HDD drive bays are easy for maintenance and reduce the impact of vibration & shock. Its significant anti-vibration design can endure up to 5Grms (with SSD or CFast) and 1Grms (with HDD).
Isolated Port Design
The tBOX321-870-FL has a friendly isolated port design that prevents ESD and over-voltage by offering magnetic isolation protection. It is equipped with 4 isolated RS-232/422/485 COM ports and 1 isolated DIO (4-IN/4-OUT) port.
Great Expansion Capability
For greater expansion capability, three PCI Express Mini Card slots are added to the system. One SIM slot is also available for 2G/3G/4G, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth applications allowing more efficient networking option.
The EN50155/EN50121 certified tBOX321-870-FL will be available in the end of June. In addition, the tBOX product line offers a broad palette of solution to fit into any transportation fields.
- 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3517UE (up to 2.8 GHz) or Intel Core i3-3217UE (1.6 GHz) onboard with Intel QM77 Express chipset
- High performance onboard DDR3-1600 4 GB or 2 GB DRAM
- Fire protection of railway vehicles Europe standard PrCEN TS 45545-2 compliance
- Operating temperature range: -40°C ~ +70°C W/T SSD & -25°C ~ +55°C W/T HDD
- Four isolated RS-232/422/485 ports & 1 isolated digital I/O (4-IN/4-OUT)
- Three PCI Express Mini Card slots with one SIM card slot
- Four M12 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, two M12 USB 2.0 and two M12 & screw-type audio (Mic-in/Line-out)
- M12 type power input with power interruption class S2 compliance
- Lockable and removable front-side two 2.5" SATA3 HDD drive bay with RAID 0/1 and one CFast™
- Dual view (VGA & DVI interface) and 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Vibration endurance: 5 Grms w/ SSD or CFast (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions) & 1 Grms w/ HDD (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- EN50155, EN50121 Certified and CE (Class A),EN60950compliance
- Supports wall mount and stand mount