DART First State announced the winners of its 13th annual statewide transit poster contest. Seven winners will receive prizes from DART First State and one of its business partners, Wilmington Blue Rocks.
Over 47 students from seven schools and after-school programs statewide participated in the contest, depicting their vision of this year’s theme, “DART, Your Community Connector.” Students researched the bus service and its various destinations and learned of the benefits of riding transit in Delaware. Students from 6th through 12th grade were invited to participate. A First Place Winner from each grade was chosen along with an overall grand prize winner.
This year’s grand prize winner is Alicia Hale, a junior who is home schooled in Bridgeville, Del. Alicia’s artwork will be placed on all DART First State buses statewide and her artwork will also be featured on the agency's website and in DART’s newsletters.
The 1st place winners are:
- Danielle Gray, sixth grade, Postlethwait Middle School, Mr. Statham
- Jeremy Nallie, eighth grade, New Castle School, Ms. Melissa Johnson
- Isaac Barrick, freshman, Wilmington Christian School, Mrs. Barrick
- Emily Patten, sophomore, Wilmington Christian School, Mrs. Barrick
- Alicia Hale, junior, home schooled, Keith and Tracey Hale
- Gabrielle Lavender, senior, POLYTECH High School, Mr. Robert McMullen.
All first place winners will receive a number of prizes from DART and be recognized at a future Wilmington Blue Rocks game.