At this year’s NorthEast Passenger Transportation Association (NEPTA) conference, eight First Transit customers were recognized by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for their work in creating and implementing “green” initiatives. These acts were done in an effort by each location to be more environmentally friendly and reduce their environmental footprint throughout their region.
• Berkshire RTA – Exclusive use of “green” cleaning solutions
• CTTransit – Demonstrating zero-emission hydrogen fuel cell buses
• Lowell RTA – Installation of solar panels at their bus garage and maintenance facility
• Merrimack Valley RTA – Installation of waste oil-fueled heating
• Worcester RTA – Transit signal priority pilot program