The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is inviting students in the Clark County School District to celebrate Earth Day by taking part in the RTC 2013 Earth Day Art Contest.
Students in sixth through 12th grade are invited to participate in the contest that will promote the RTC’s sustainable initiative “quicker, cleaner, greener” with images of transit, carpooling, bicycling and walking.
The top two winners will have their artwork featured on an RTC transit vehicle for up to a year. The Regional Transportation Commission will be responsible for judging the artwork.
Participants should abide by the following guidelines:
• Artwork should have a message related to Earth Day and sustainable transportation
• Candidates must be sixth through 12th-graders and residents of Clark County
• Artwork must be in a horizontal format on 11-by-17-inch paper
• Artwork must be colorful. No black and white; no photography; no glitter
• Markers, colored pencils and paint are acceptable media
• Artwork must be original in concept and not violate U.S. copyright law
Entry forms must be securely affixed to the back of the artwork and submitted to the RTC before 5 p.m., March 14. Submissions should be delivered to the RTC, Attention: Aileen Pastor, 600 S. Grand Central Parkway, Suite 350, Las Vegas, Nev., 89106.
Artwork may be rolled up but cannot be folded.