Seon Design adds the Explorer TX8 8-channel mobile DVR, to its line of reliable video surveillance solutions for the transit and student transportation industries. Designed for advanced mobile surveillance applications, the TX8 gives bus operators powerful features like geo-fencing and a built-in G-sensor essential for AVL integration and monitoring driver behavior.
“The TX8 is a perfect combination of value and performance,” says Peter Simmons, director of Marketing at Seon. “The dual hard drives offer a fail-safe design and, with up to 2 TB of storage capacity, allow for maximum video retention time.”
An 8-channel DVR, the TX8 delivers reliable, advanced quality video with up to 30 FPS (per camera) at 720 x 480 resolution. With H.264 compression, the TX8 provides great image quality for any mobile surveillance application. The TX8 is GPS and Wi-Fi-ready and also offers full compatibility with Seon’s vMax software suite.
vMax Commander video management software works with the TX8 for easy viewing, archiving and retrieval of mobile surveillance video. Users can also reduce liability and system downtime with automated Health Check when integrated with vMax Live Plus. The Health Check feature monitors DVR and hard drive status in real-time so that bus operators know that their system is working properly at all times.
Explorer TX8 Mobile DVR Features:
• Stores up to 2 TB of video for maximum video retention time.
• Supports up to 8 cameras with audio.
• Features H.264 compression to provide premium image quality.
• Delivers high detail with up to 720 x 480 pixels resolution.
• Smooth motion with up to 30 FPS per channel.
• Monitors DVR and HDD status with Health Check.
• Includes a built-in 3-axis accelerometer (G-sensor) to provide critical vehicle data.