Customers of the Trinity Railway Express are enjoying a new online ride thanks to a redesign of the website, www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org. Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T) launched the redesign of the site on Monday, March 12.
A Google Transit trip planner is among new features of website enhancements to improve customer interface and make it easier for TRE riders to plan their trips and take advantage of area attractions and special events near its ten stations from downtown Dallas to downtown Fort Worth.
Other enhanced features of the TRE website include:
- More direct access to schedules;
- Simpler navigation from home page;
- Improved site interface;
- Larger, inviting graphic links;
- Easier access to Commuter Alerts;
- More prominent special events calendars and schedules;
- Large directional maps within downtown Dallas and Fort Worth from their TRE stations
Dallas-based Valiant Media created the information architecture and user interface design.
The new website is the most extensive upgrade since 2001 when the TRE's 34-mile corridor from downtown Dallas to downtown Fort Worth was completed.
TRE has an average daily ridership of about 8,500. It operates Monday through Saturday, plus some service on Sunday several times each year during large special events.