In programming the educational content for the Annual Conference in Victoria, CUTA is currently seeking input for educational sessions and speakers.
This year's theme for CUTA's Annual Conference is "Building Connections. Linking Communities." The 2012 Annual Conference features educational sessions, technical tours, and a number of networking events including the annual Hall of Fame Charity Golf Tournament.
Several interactive sessions are currently being developed by working groups, including Sustainable Mobility, Accessibility and Greening & Energy. Roundtables will include Labour Relations and Small Systems.
CUTA's Conference Planning Sub-Committee has identified the following educational sessions that will be offered. Abstracts are now being accepted that fit the session titles: Members are invited to submit brief proposals of presentations using the form available on CUTA's website before January 24, 2012.
- Evolution of Transit Communications
- Public and Community Outreach: Public Awareness Programs and Initiatives (how to use transit service)
- Public and Community Outreach: Public Opinion and Consultation
- Service Standards: Planning and Implementation
- Provincial Advocacy Initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Results-based Accountability
- Financing Transit
- Perspectives on the Canadian Transit Policy Framework
- Business Members Showcase – Theme: Sustainability Products and Services
- Planning for Rail Rapid Transit
The Conference Planning Sub-Committee reserves the right to alter the list above or to add topics if needed. Submissions on topics other than those listed may also be considered.