Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) recently updated the iPhone version of its popular Miami-Dade Transit Tracker app with real-time Metromover tracking and the ability to view travel times between stops and stations when looking at Metrorail or Metrobus schedules.
The updated app also showcases popular transit destinations, links to the Transit Store, the nearest Easy Card sales outlets and more.
Miami-Dade Transit’s iPhone app, which first debuted in late 2011, has been downloaded about 200,000 times and periodically undergoes a number of improvements. This app was developed internally by MDT’s Information Technology staff.
To get this app, transit users can visit the Apple iTunes App Store and download the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker. It’s free and easy to install.
In addition to these new features, users are also able to use the app to:
- Get bus schedules by bus stop. This is the first time bus riders can obtain this type of specific information without the help of a customer-service agent.
- Have access to real-time Metrorail train arrival times, including the ability to visually track the location of trains as they approach a station.
- Obtain station information, such as connecting bus routes and places of interest near each station.
- Locate nearby bus stops, as well as Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- View the status of elevator and escalator service at Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- Plan a trip on transit using Google.
- View fare information.
- View Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover system maps.
- Submit comments and suggestions regarding a transit experience.
- Access important MDT contact telephone numbers.
A similar version of the app is available for Android users.