Greg Wilkinson will remain vice chair of the YCIPTA Board of Directors.
Photo credit: YCIPTA
Robert Pickels will remain chair of the YCIPTA Board of Directors.
Photo credit: YCIPTA
At the Feb. 24 meeting, the Yuma County Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority Board of Directors unanimously elected Robert Pickels, Yuma County Administrator and Greg Wilkinson, Yuma city administrator, as the chairperson and vice chairperson, respectively, for the 2014-15 term, which runs from February 2014 through January 2015.
This is their third term in these positions and they were the original Board Members that started the formation of YCIPTA back in 2010.
Officers of the board are elected by a majority vote at the first regular meeting of the calendar year. The Board of Directors did direct the Transit Director John Andoh to explore a rotation schedule so that each member agency would have an opportunity to become an officer of the Board of Directors and to investigate the additional of a secretary/treasurer.
Subsequently, at this Board Meeting, Richard (Dick) Watenpaugh, town manager from the Town of Wellton, took an oath of office by Administrative Assistant and Deputy Board Secretary, Carol Perez.
The 2014-2015 YCIPTA Board of Directors is as follows:
- Robert L. Pickles, chairman - Yuma County administrator
- Greg Wilkinson, vice chairman - Yuma city administrator
- Dr. Larry Gould - Northern Arizona University campus executive officer
- Dr. Glenn Mayle – Arizona Western College president
- Ralph Velez - San Luis city manager
- Brian Golding, Sr – Quechan Indian Tribe director of economic development and planning
- Paul Soto – Cocopah Indian Tribe director of planning
- Richard Watenpaugh – Wellton town manager
- Bill Lee – Somerton city manager
YCIPTA continues to thanks Pickels and Wilkinson for their continued leadership in 2013 and looks forward to the continued strong leadership in the coming year as YCIPTA continues to pursue help Yuma County residents See Where YCAT Can Take You.