Servicing approximately 33 million trips every year, Capital Metro has launched this app as part of its new, high-tech MetroRapid service ahead of SXSW this March.
The free CapMetro App utilizes Bytemark’s patented mobile ticketing solution, which enables riders to purchase and store transit passes on their mobile devices. To use passes, riders simply show their smartphone screen to bus operators or scan the on-screen barcode upon boarding the new MetroRapid vehicles. The app is available for Apple iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices and also offers real-time arrival information, a trip planner and the latest service advisories.
Micah Bergdale, CEO of Bytemark, said: “Bytemark is thrilled to be launching its first citywide mobile ticketing application with Capital Metro. Austin is an innovative, forward-thinking city and we are confident that riders will find the CapMetro App convenient and easy to use. With SXSW around the corner, we hope the app will encourage visitors to take public transportation by making it more accessible.”
Joe Iannello, chief information officer at Capital Metro, commented: "Capital Metro is delighted to work with Bytemark on this exciting new mobile ticketing app that will provide many additional high-tech capabilities to our customers. Bytemark is a great partner and has extensive experience with this leading edge technology."
- “Smart Tile Home Screen” - Provides users with the most relevant content based on their settings and usage history.
- Meets all Payment Card Industry security standards and accepts Discover Card, Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments.
- Includes Capital Metro’s mobile trip planner, service alerts, real-time arrival information, maps and schedules.
- Option to purchase multiple passes on one device for groups traveling together.
- Embedded security to cut down on fare evasion and provide cost savings to Capital Metro.
- The Virtual Visually Validated (V3) ticket screen has multiple built-in security features to ensure authenticity.
In addition to the mobile application, Bytemark is providing a state-of-the-art user management platform solution and backend reporting system to Capital Metro. This will enable Capital Metro administrators to better manage transit offerings and meet customers’ needs.