Customers on Edmonton Transit System (ETS) Routes 111 and 128 are now able to track their buses in real-time using either their desktops or mobile devices at takeETS.com/ETSLive. Customers on other ETS routes will be able to look up scheduled information and maps.
This is the latest phase of ETS’s Smart Bus technology which was introduced earlier this year.
“Customers riding Routes 111 and 128 can find the actual departure times of buses enabling them to make informed decisions and adjust their travel plans accordingly,” said Lorna Stewart, ETS director of technology projects. “This latest innovation demonstrates ETS’s commitment to enhancing the service we provide to our customers.”
Key features within the ETS Live Bus Finder include:
- ETS Route Schedules – allows users to look up a route schedule and map. Or use “Select Specific Stops” to choose timing points, all stops or specific stops to build your own schedule with just the stops you want. This feature is available for both desktop and mobile websites.
- ETS Bus Stop Schedules – allows users to look up their route based on their specific stop. A stop can be search for by stop, address, intersection and landmark. When searching by address, intersection and landmark all nearby stops will be plotted on the map to make it easier to identify how close they are.
- ETS Real-Time Map – the real-time map is integrated with Google Maps. Route 111 and 128 bus icons move in real-time on the map and display real-time status of bus. This updates every 20 seconds.
The bus icons are colour coded to identify their current status. Green equals on time; red equals early, blue equals late and grey means no information is available. When a stop is selected for Route 111 or 128, it will show both the scheduled time and the estimated real-time departure from that stop.
- ETS Landmarks – allows users to locate stops in or around a landmark.
- ETS Stop Finder – allows users to locate the stops in and around a location, and get next departures for any of those stops. A location can be searched for by stop, address, intersection and landmark. This feature is available for both desktop and mobile websites.
ETS Live Bus Finder is available on Route 111 and Route 128.
As Smart Bus technology is deployed on more routes, more customers will be able to track their buses in real-time through ETS Live® Bus Finder.
For more information, please visit:
Director of Technology Projects
Edmonton Transit System