More commuters were trading their keys for bus passes this September.
Metro provided 17.7 percent more express weekday rides in September compared to the same time last year. In September 2013, Metro provided nearly 100,000 rides on its 21 express routes.
The number of Metro rides is up significantly from September 2012 to September 2013 on the following routes:
- Rt. 2X Montgomery Express Up 18 percent
- Rt. 12X Madisonville Express Up 54 percent
- Rt. 14X Forest Park Express Up 31 percent
- Rt. 15X Clovernook/Mt. Healthy Express Up 30 percent
- Rt. 30X Beechmont Express Up 36 percent
- Rt. 38X Glenway Crossing-Uptown Express Up 25 percent
- Rt. 40X Montana Express Up 57 percent
- Rt. 52X: Harrison Express Up 23 percent
- Rt. 74X Northgate Express/Banning Express Up 18 percent
- Rt. 75X Anderson Express Up 40 percent
Parking is free at Metro’s park and ride locations and the fares range from $1.75 to $4.25 one-way, depending on the route. Thirty-day rolling passes provide unlimited rides, and range from $70 to $170. Metro also offers $10, $20 and $30 stored-value cards, which can be used like cash.
In August, Metro made changes based on community input that included more crosstown options, service to new destinations and new Metro*Plus service connecting the Montgomery Road corridor, Uptown, downtown and The Banks. Metro*Plus provided nearly 25,000 rides in its first full month of service.