On Oct. 14, SARTA will be launching its new PinPoint system which provides fixed route bus riders real-time transit information.
Powered by GPS technology, PinPoint allows SARTA passenger’s to utilize their phone, tablet or computer to plan a trip, find their bus, locate bus stops, set an email alert for a bus arrival or departure and to retrieve up-to the minute inbound and outbound schedules.
Some of the new features include:
• New bus stop signs for all 1,500 bus stop locations across the county that informs riders of how to utilize PinPoint
• A newly designed app that will integrate all the features of PinPoint (available for Android and Apple)
• Website and phone system upgrades that integrates the new PinPoint system
• New electronic signs at every transit center alerting passengers when the next bus will be arriving or departing
• Riders will be able to set alerts and know when the next bus will be at their stop in realtime.
• Locate every bus in Stark County in realtime
Riders are encouraged to join SARTA to learn more about PinPoint at one of its kickoff events.