The new board officers of The T (the Fort Worth Transportation Authority) convened their first regular monthly board meeting March 18. The officers were elected during The T’s Feb. 18 meeting.
Presiding was new board Chair Scott Mahaffey, president/CEO of Cohn & Gregory, Inc. Other officers are Vice Chair Sylvia Cervantes, a former member of the Richland Hills Economic Development Advisory Board, and Secretary Andre’ Mc Ewing, manager of Supplier Diversity for Tarrant County College District and former executive director of Southeast Fort Worth Inc.
The six other new directors of The T’s nine-member board are:
- Carter Burdette, attorney with Cantey Hanger, L.L.P. and former Fort Worth City Council member
- Jeff R. Davis, chairman, Fort Worth Division, Republic Title
- Dennis Dunkins, Sr., retired Fort Worth schools administrator and former Fort Worth parks board member
- Jeff King, head of the Fort Worth office of the Northern Trust Company, former Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce chairman, former vice chair of The T and former vice chair of the Fort Worth Zoning Commission
- Ken Newell, a developer, and owner of Newell Companies
- Neftali Ortiz, engineer with Lockheed Martin and former chair of the Fort Worth Zoning Commission, and Heritage Homeowners Association board member