• Near Field Communication: Changing the Digital Signage Value Proposition: This immersive half-day learning experience will provide insight into NFC technologies, evolving NFC market trends, and emerging use cases that will ultimately influence the digital signage buying process.
Presented by OT Training
• New Speed On ... Network Optimization Strategies: This information-rich half-day program is designed to accelerate the effectiveness and success for end-users and suppliers of installed dynamic place-based signage for advertising-based, corporate or hybrid networks for customer, patron, staff or student communications dynamic signage networks. This new program will be presented only at DSE 2013.
Presented by the BUNN Company
• New Design Directions: Dynamic Digital Environments: This full-day program will take a look at innovative case studies and information essential to architects, designers and art directors, and the integrators, fabricators and manufacturers who work as a unified team to create informative and media-rich environments for retail, entertainment, airports, hospitals, office buildings, sports facilities, urban environments and museum venues.
• New Digital Signage in Restaurants: Challenges & Solutions for Fast Casual & QSR: This half-day program will explore the cost and operational benefits of dynamic digital menu boards; present a case study on the strategy, creative process, development and technical implementation of a zoned approach to digital signage placement; an in-depth look at developing return on investment (ROI) and return on equity (ROE) for a restaurant chain’s franchisees; best practices and tips on how to execute a global digital signage deployment, from pilot to rollout; and the basics of how to successfully deploy exterior signage.
• New Digital Signage in Education: This half-day program will present models for successful digital signage project initiation, deployment and operation on college and university campuses including: tips on how to manage design and deployment; anticipate and manage scalability; how to supply relevant content appropriate for specific campus venues; how to frame policy and procedure guidelines to maintain university standards within formatting restrictions; and the role that digital signage plays in a multi-modal communication environment.
• New – Mobile Technology & Its Implications for Digital Signage: In this half-day program industry experts will discuss the nine forms of mobile/digital signage convergence; the rise and impact of dual screen applications; how to best use existing digital signage installations to connect with mobile phone users; how and why to augment DS installations with location-based services, versus other mobile options; the role of augmented reality in mobile convergence, and how to best leverage mobile technology for digital display interactivity.
Richard Lebovitz, Educational Director for Exponation, LLC, which produces DSE, said,
“DSE’s pre-conference program not only offers attendees a great variety of topics, but also the opportunity for a richer and more in-depth experience than ever before.”
Registration for Pre-Conference Seminar Programs, or any of DSE 2013 educational conference seminars is now open at www.digitalsignageexpo.net. For industry professionals who have obtained Digital Signage Expert Group (DSEG) certification, each seminar they attend counts toward one DSEG renewal credit.
Mark your calendar now: Digital Signage Expo 2013, co-located with the Interactive Technology Expo and Digital Content Show, will present its three-day conference on February 26-28, 2013. The Exhibition Hall will open for two days on February 27-28, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space contact Jeanne Phillips, (770) 649-0300, Ext 16. Or, for more information, visit www.digitalsignageexpo.net. You can follow DSE on Twitter at DSExpo, or for all DSE 2013 updates, use #dse2013. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s new Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.