The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) announced it will unveil draft recommendations for the Super NoVa Transit and TDM Vision Plan. The Super NoVa region studied Northern Virginia, as traditionally defined, as well Culpeper, King George, and Caroline counties, and portions of the Shenandoah Valley, the District of Columbia and parts of Maryland and West Virginia.
The plan's draft recommendations will be based on public and stakeholder input and extensive evaluation of future population growth, employment trends, land use, and travel demand. The draft recommendations for the Super NoVa Transit and TDM Vision Plan present a vision for enhanced regional mobility and include:
- Expansive commuter bus network throughout the region
- Interconnected network of high-capacity transit services in the region's urban areas
- Network of hubs to connect people to transportation services and programs
- Increased coordination of local transit services across jurisdictional boundaries
- Pedestrian and bicycle improvements to enhance connections to transit services and facilities
- Comprehensive regional TDM strategy and programs
- Leveraging technology to enable people to make informed decisions about travel
The Super NoVa Transit/TDM Vision Plan meeting schedule is as follows. All meetings will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 18
Marriott Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South (Mark Center)
4641 Kenmore Avenue (at Seminary Rd & I-395)
Alexandria, VA 22304
Monday, September 24
Four Points by Sheraton Manassas Battlefield
10800 Vandor Lane
Manassas, VA 20109
Thursday, September 27
Herndon Middle School
901 Locust Street, Herndon
Fairfax, VA 20170
A formal presentation will be offered each evening at 7 p.m. For citizens who cannot make the meetings, the presentation will be made available on the study website by September 18, 2012, www.SuperNoVaTransitVision.com. Public comment forms will also be available online. Additionally, written comments may be mailed to:
Super NoVa Transit/TDM Vision Plan
Attn: Public Comment
11400 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 400
Reston, VA 20191
Comments must be received by October 1, 2012, to be included in the official record.
The DRPT will strive to provide reasonable accommodations and services for persons who require special assistance to participate in this public involvement opportunity. Contact the Title VI Compliance Officer Linda Maiden at (804) 786-4440 or TDD 711 for more information.