AC Transit will hold a Job Fair to recruit applicants for the position of bus operator on Saturday, August 25, 2012 from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm at the agency's Training and Education Center, 20234 Mack Street in Hayward, California.
AC Transit General Manager David Armijo said the agency is increasing the number of bus operators to improve the reliability of its services. "Providing transit service to the East Bay requires hundreds of bus operators seven days a week, 52 weeks a year,'' Armijo said. "We hope to add more dedicated professionals to our bus operator ranks through the job fair."
AC Transit bus operators and other staff will provide applicants with hands-on introductions to what it takes to safely transport thousands of passengers every day. Those applying for operator positions should come to the job fair with an up-to-date resume and a recent 10-year Department of Motor Vehicle record form H6.
To be interviewed at the job fair, applicants must register online prior to the event at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/actransit/default.cfm. Online pre-registration begins on Monday, August 13, 2012.
Applicants are urged to take AC Transit service to the Job Fair. AC Transit will be operating extra bus service on Line 86 to and from the Hayward Bart station. Regular fares apply.
The qualifications for an AC Transit bus operator are as follows:
- Must be 23 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of SEVEN (7) years driving experience.
- Must be willing to work NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, and all shifts.
- No more than one (1) moving violation in the past three (3) years.
- No at-fault accidents in past three (3) years.
- No Failures to Appear or Failures to Pay in the past three (3) years.
- No suspensions in the past three (3) years)
- No reckless driving (23103) or Driving Under The Influence (DUI-23152) in the past seven (7) years.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination, including drug and alcohol screening tests.
Directions from 880 South or North to Hayward:
- Exit Winton (West) veer to the right off of freeway.
- Traveling on Winton pass the Hayward Airport.
- Right on Corsair
- Left on Sabre
- Left on Mack
- Go about 1/8 mile Training Center is on the left side of the street.