Sun Tran and Teamsters Local 104 representatives have officially announced a new two-year contract. Bus service will operate as scheduled.
A tentative agreement on the new contract was reached late Tuesday, July 31. The previous contract was extended through midnight this evening to give union members the opportunity to vote on the final contract proposal. The new contract was ratified with a vote of 212 to 69.
Sun Tran General Manager Kate Riley and Teamsters Secretary-Treasurer Andy Marshall both recognize the importance of Sun Tran service to many in our community, and are pleased the union membership ratified the contract.
For specific bus schedules and route information visit Sun Tran's website at www.suntran.com, call Sun Tran's Customer Service Center at 520-792-9222 (for persons with hearing and speech impairments with TDD equipment, call 520-628-1565), or consult Sun Tran's Ride Guide.
Sun Tran Contract Summary
Effective August 1, 2012, Sun Tran has agreed to a $773,000 package over two years that includes:
- Raising top drivers pay one percent from the current rate of $18.53 to $18.72 over two years. Employees at the top rate at the beginning of the 2010 contract have not received raises in two years.
- Raising top mechanics pay one percent from the current hourly rate of $21.94 to $22.16 over two years. Employees at the top rate at the beginning of the 2010 contract have not received raises in two years.
- Continuing to contribute 100 percent of monthly health and welfare premiums.
- Raising Sun Tran's hourly contributions to the Teamster pension fund by $ .05.
- A wage reopener clause was added to allow the agreement to be opened by either party for further discussion of wages only for the second year of the contract.