Bridgestone Commercial Solutions now offers a total tire solution that can save money and helps the planet* as well.
Five new tires in the Bridgestone Ecopia line for steer, drive and trailer positions, and four new tread designs in the Bandag FuelTech line that complement the drive and trailer Ecopia line up, provide drivers and fleets a fuel-efficient and eco-friendly option from new tire through retread.
The advanced compounding for lower rolling resistance, the innovative, tread designs for long, even wear and the additional technology benefits from the Ecopia tire and casing solution could save up to five percent in fuel costs, when compared to leading competitors**, and up to 29 percent in total tire wear cost, when retreading an Ecopia casing with Bandag FuelTech.
"We've created a total solution for our customers that didn't shortchange fuel economy for tread wear or durability," said Scott Damon, vice president, marketing for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions. "To do that, we added smarter designs and new technology in our Ecopia products, and implemented technologies that extend the life of an Ecopia casing for our Bandag FuelTech products. These changes mean greater fuel savings for our customers that can contribute to a lower cost of ownership over the life of the tires."
The following technologies offer significant benefits that make Ecopia and FuelTech a total tire solution:
- Within the tire tread, Bridgestone's patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology, available in all new Ecopia tires, helps control particle movement, which reduces energy loss. That translates into improved fuel economy through lower rolling resistance.
- The proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound reduces heat generation, which lowers rolling resistance and improves fuel economy.
- Bridgestone's new IntelliShape sidewall, found in the M710 Ecopia drive radial and R197 Ecopia trailer tire, contain less bead filler volume, which lowers tire weight, improving fuel economy and conserving natural resources.
- A new Defense Side Groove feature has been incorporated into the R283 Ecopia steer tire, which creates uniform pressure along the footprint at the shoulder and helps extend tread life.A High Rigidity Tread Pattern was added to all Ecopia and FuelTech designs to extend wear.
- The patented Waved Belt design in our Greatec Ecopia tires improves durability, contributing to a more retreadable casing, especially when paired with a Bandag FuelTech product. The use of patented Turn-In-Ply technology enhances durability and retreadability over the life of the casing.
- These features found in Ecopia casings carry through to the retreading side, extending these fuel efficiency benefits while extending the life of the tire.
All FuelTech tread patterns complement the new drive and trailer Ecopia tires; B710 FuelTech drive and B197 FuelTech trailer retreads. For users of wide base singles, there are Bandag B835 FuelTech and B135 FuelTech retreads (based on the new Bridgestone Greatec M835 Ecopia drive and Greatec R135 Ecopia trailer radials).
Customers can compute their potential savings with this tire solution using an online calculator at ecopiatrucktires.com. By entering a few details such as purchase price and removal mileage, users can quickly calculate projected savings over the life of their tires — from estimated fuel and tire wear savings to their estimated reduction in CO2 emissions.
"The Ecopia line is Bridgestone's answer to the bottom line demands of fleets and drivers who want to reduce their total cost of tire ownership and meet the growing demands for more environmentally-friendly solutions," Damon said. "We're proud to offer a solution that helps our customers lower costs over the life of the tire, and gives them greener returns along the way."
* Based on rolling resistance and field mileage tests, Bridgestone Ecopia and Bandag FuelTech are our most fuel-efficient and lowest total cost of ownership tire and retread solutions. Combining proprietary low rolling resistance technology with the industry's most retreadable casing, Ecopia and FuelTech can help reduce fuel use and extend tire life for lower costs and greener returns, when compared to other Bridgestone tires.
** The Bridgestone R283 Ecopia, M710 Ecopia, and R197 Ecopia, in size 295/75R22.5, were compared to the equivalent size of Goodyear G399, LHS FM, G305 AT LHD FM, and G316 LHT FM and the equivalent size of Michelin XZA3+, XDA Energy, and XTA Energy. Results obtained from third party laboratory SAE J1269 rolling resistance test.