Intercity Transit works with many agencies to address multiple community needs. Partners include the Department of Social and Health Services WorkFirst program, WorkSource Thurston County, South Puget Sound Community College, Pacific Mountain Workforce, the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Tacoma Goodwill, the Senior Community Service Employment Program, Thurston Regional Planning Council, Human Services Transportation Forum, and Sound to Harbor Head Start/ECEAP. The program is supported by volunteer drivers using grant funded vehicles.
By the Numbers
- Provided 54,458 trips over the past ten years to more than 3,089 passengers in the urban portion of Thurston County.
- Supported 161 program volunteers for a total of 42,701 volunteer hours since 2002.
- Successfully assisted 93 percent of the program’s volunteer drivers obtain family wage jobs.
- Collaborated with most community service organizations in the region including WorkSource Thurston County, the Department of Social and Health Services and South Puget Sound Community College.
- In 2011 alone, the program provided 5,582 trips with 5,630 volunteer hours.
Intercity Transit is a mid-size, community-minded agency providing award-winning public transportation services to the residents and commuters of Thurston County, Washington. Its mission is to provide and promote public transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.