Manager, METROLift Services, Houston TX
Open Until Filled
Metropolitan Transit District of Harris County, Houston, Texas
Manager, METROLift Services
- Director, Paratransit (METROLift) Services
Manages the daily operation of METRO’s complementary paratransit services, METROLift. METROLift service includes Reservations, Routing and Scheduling, Dispatching and contractors’ delivery of METROLift Services. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties (list in order of importance):
- Responsible for the daily operations of the METROLift Service delivery function and staff, and management including dispatch operators, reservation operators, street supervisors, service monitors, operations supervisors, etc.
- Responsible for the performance of contractors and services to include METROLift services for timeliness and efficiencies. Reviews actual performance of specific trips and takes corrective action if necessary.
- Evaluates automatic vehicle location and other advanced technologies to enhance the efficiency and productivity of METROLift.
- Responsible for all communication and computer operations/interface within the METROLift service delivery function. Including testing and implementation of radio systems with Harris County and mobile data terminals for navigational and electronic communications with METROLift Service Operators.
- Oversees the optimization routing of daily scheduled METROLift reservation and subscription trips and computerized dispatching of those trips. Conducts evaluation of computerized systems and designs modifications or enhancements.
- Responsible for providing after hours assistance to riders.
- Responsible for working with staff on established goals for the METROLift program.
- Provides support in the preparation of data/statistics for yearly National Transit Database Reporting and ADA/FTA requirements.
- Provides and shares paratransit knowledge and expertise throughout the transit industry to improve services in other locales and also enhances METRO’s standing within the transit industry.
- Assists with METRO’s annual plan update for achieving compliance with the complementary paratransit provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This includes preparation of the reporting documents, evaluation of data and statistics supporting accomplishment, design of future provisions of service and policies to assure compliance.
- Participates with and helps to coordinate METRO’s Accessibility Task Force and METROLift Advisory Committee meetings.
- Assists in the preparation and update of the annual METROLift budget.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirement (Diploma/Degrees must be from accredited institutions):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
Describe the years and type of experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of this position under normal circumstances:
- Minimum eight (8) years progressive experience in the planning and operation of transportation programs for the disabled and elderly in a public transit environment; to include five (5) years supervisory/management experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Required List certifications and/or licensing:
- Strong human relations and communication skills. Good decision making and organizational skills. Must have experience in a paratransit or other demand response transportation environment. Working knowledge of computerized reservation, scheduling and dispatching systems, personal computers and related software; word processing, databases and spreadsheet software.
Physical Efforts Required:
- A job analysis form may be completed if more detail is required. Physical efforts related to office and administrative activities.
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment. Some work assignments may require work outside of normal work schedule; evenings and/or weekends and at Community Service Center sites.
Impact of Job Organization:
- METROLift compliments METRO’s local fixed route and rail services. METROLift serves riders seven days a week. Difficulties experienced by these customers are magnified by the circumstances and the political sensitivity of this operation. Management requires exceptional care and judgment in order to minimize negative perceptions and to deliver safe, reliable transportation and excellent customer service.
To Apply Go To http://www.ridemetro.org/Opportunities/Jobs/Default.aspx
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on the Careers Page at MassTransitMag.com