Automotive Mechanic, Orange CA
$20.11 per hour
Open Until Filled
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (OCTA)
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the county’s primary transportation agency. OCTA creates, funds and delivers efficient transportation for Orange County. We keep Orange County moving with extensive bus and paratransit service, Metrolink commuter rail service, the 91 Express Lanes Toll Road, motorist services and freeway, street and road improvement projects. OCTA began in in 1991 with the consolidation of seven separate transportation agencies. OCTA is dedicated to its organizational mission and core values. OCTA’s mission is to develop and deliver transportation solutions to enhance quality of life and keep Orange County moving. OCTA’s core values consist of integrity, teamwork, communication, customer focus, and can-do spirit.
Under supervision, diagnose and performs average to difficult repairs on all systems related to automotive, light-duty trucks, and fleet support equipment. Assists other mechanics in related work, as required.
The salary for this position is $20.11 per hour.
This position will remain open until filled.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains vehicle power trains, including but not limited to, engines, transmissions, drive shafts, differentials, and related subcomponents.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains vehicle brake, steering, and suspension systems.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains electrical systems and components. Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces damaged body parts and window glass.
- Performs related repairs requiring advanced mechanical skills, as required.
Any combination of education and experience required to perform mechanical repairs of advanced difficulty. Experience in California DMV smog certifications preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid Class B CA Driver License with P endorsement.
- Good driving record in accordance with agency standards.
- Necessary tools to perform the above duties.
- Possession of steel-toed safety shoes to wear on the job.
- Must be able to attain required certifications for vehicle brake systems, and mobile vehicle air conditioning systems.
- Air conditioning, brakes, electrical, engines, steering, suspension, transmissions, and alternate fuel systems.
- Perform complete, reliable, and safe inspections.
- Use automotive test equipment effectively.
- Obtain precision measurements as required.
- Work any shift.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Read and understand parts and repair manuals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Complete the necessary paperwork associated with the job.
- Utilize automated maintenance system.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Compensation and Benefits:
OCTA offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The specific features of this package include: medical, dental and vision insurance; retirement; vacation and holiday pay; life insurance; deferred compensation plan; short-term and long-term disability plans; flexible spending accounts; educational reimbursement; and ergonomic/wellness programs. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Application and Selection Process:
For further information about this exciting career opportunity and to apply online, please visit our website at https://jobs-octa.icims.com/jobs/1421/job. Applications must include a ten year work history and be fully complete. We are unable to accept resumes in lieu of an online application. OCTA does not sponsor H1B or other work visas. For additional information, please contact the Employment Office at (714) 560-5600.
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on the Careers Page at MassTransitMag.com