Machinist, Orange CA
$27.59 per hour
Open Until Filled
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (OCTA)
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the county’s primary transportation agency. OCTA creates, funds and delivers efficient transportation for Orange County. We keep Orange County moving with extensive bus and paratransit service, Metrolink commuter rail service, the 91 Express Lanes Toll Road, motorist services and freeway, street and road improvement projects. OCTA began in in 1991 with the consolidation of seven separate transportation agencies. OCTA is dedicated to its organizational mission and core values. OCTA’s mission is to develop and deliver transportation solutions to enhance quality of life and keep Orange County moving. OCTA’s core values consist of integrity, teamwork, communication, customer focus, and can-do spirit.
Under minimal supervision, performs machinist, welding, and fabrication duties.
The salary for this position is $27.59 per hour.
This position will remain open until filled.
- Safely operates machine shop equipment such as lathe, drill mill, and grinder.
- Performs fabrication tasks including layout, cutting, welding, and assembly.
- Designs, fabricates, and repairs custom shop tooling, gauges, etc.
- Performs occasional mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical work on vehicles.
- Measures and restores to original dimensions shafts, bushings, etc., routinely processed by the component rebuild section.
- Repairs cases and housings damaged by cracks, stripped fasteners, and faulty mating surfaces.
- Provides detailed lists of materials required for fabrication of prototype and test units.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to three years of journey-level machinist duties.
- Valid California Driver License and good DMV record in accordance with company standards.
- Possession of necessary tools to perform the above duties.
- Possession of approved steel-toed safety shoes for wear on the job.
- Shop measurements using required instruments.
- Metallurgical properties of material.
- Mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems.
- Heavy duty vehicle systems, preferably bus.
- Shop equipment operation and maintenance thereof.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Operate machine shop equipment, power and hand tools.
- Operate welding equipment including arc weld, gas, MIG, TIG.
- Work from or produce working drawings from mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical drawings and schematics.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Compensation and Benefits:
OCTA offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The specific features of this package include: medical, dental and vision insurance; retirement; vacation and holiday pay; life insurance; deferred compensation plan; short-term and long-term disability plans; flexible spending accounts; educational reimbursement; and ergonomic/wellness programs. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Application and Selection Process:
For further information about this exciting career opportunity and to apply online, please visit our website at https://jobs-octa.icims.com/jobs/1420/job. Applications must include a ten year work history and be fully complete. We are unable to accept resumes in lieu of an online application. OCTA does not sponsor H1B or other work visas. For additional information, please contact the Employment Office at (714) 560-5600.
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on the Careers Page at MassTransitMag.com