Maintenance Manager, White Plains MD
Open Until Filled
Supervises the maintenance and repairs of buses, other vehicles and equipment to contract requirements in branch.
1) Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
2) In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews. While the Mgr Maintenance is required to make personnel-related recommendations, some actions require further approval.
3) Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
4) Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
5) Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
6) Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs.
7) Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
8) Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
9) Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements
Experience & Skills Required:
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and school bus equipment is preferred
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Must be able to work in a crouched position or on back lying on mechanic’s dolly beneath motor vehicle equipment; subjected to dust, dirt, and grease conditions.
White Plains, MD
Resumes to: Bethany.Sergent@firstgroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on the Careers Page at MassTransitMag.com