Transportation Manager, Brooklyn NY
MTM is a growing company providing non-emergency medical transportation for the disabled, underserved, and elderly populations and is looking for talented and dynamic individuals to join our team. Our people are our competitive advantage and the reason we are industry leaders.
MTM is a company experienced in transportation network development and management that relies on our staff to make the difference. We work personally and directly with transportation providers and medical providers across the nation to deliver the most cost-effective and quality health care access available.
MTM offers eligible employees competitive pay, an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a company sponsored retirement plan, paid time off, and much more.
The Transportation Manager is a liaison between MTM and the transportation providers for MTM's brokerage contract with New York City Transit's Access-a-Ride program. The primary function of the Transportation Manager is to provide oversight for network recruitment, implementation, network management, field monitoring, and financial analysis of the network.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Network Management recruitment.
- Work with ambulette and livery providers to ensure that networks are comprehensive in geographic and mode coverage.
- Assist in managing provider education.
- Manage internal/external policies.
- Review average costs per trip.
- Create Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) to reduce costs in network.
- Recruit additional providers in existing areas to drive competition and to reduce costs.
- Timely reviews.
- Ensure department polices are followed.
- Ensure staff attends mandatory HR training sessions.
- Maintenance of Job Descriptions.
- Timely submission of all other paperwork required for HR purposes.
- Manage and oversee operational aspects of Network Management.
- Assist in educating Providers regarding Pick Up and Drop Off times (PUDO) and signatures.
- Manage representatives in retention of the existing network.
- Main departmental representative to internal departments and working on process projects.
- Manage field monitoring program and issue corrective action plans for transportation providers' subpar performance.
- Participate in planning, revisions and implementation of MTM Provider Guidelines, Services Agreements and Amendments to Services Agreements.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide interpretation and assistance in compliance with all MTM policies and reporting procedures.
- Attend regional and network provider conventions and seminars.
- Participate in planning and execution of Regional Provider meetings.
- Participate as an active member of MTM department management meetings.
- Conduct employee interviews and hire staff as needed.
- Regular attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Access required and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of MTM departments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner required.
- Ability to make sound business judgments required.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage a variety of people required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of contracting and procedures and processes required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of MTM operations, systems, Provider Guidelines and other required policies and procedures required.
- Excellent communication skills, writing and verbal required.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills required.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- College degree required.
- Previous experience in management required.
- Previous experience in the paratransit, public transit, or livery industries required.
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiations required.
- Network Representatives
- Field Monitors
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED: Computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, Cisco phone system
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office conditions apply. Employee must have clear, close vision for reading and computer work. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, grasp, talk, hear and operate computer keyboard. Job may require reaching at shoulder level and below waist. Will occasionally lift/push/pull up to 20 pound and carry objects 50 feet. Local and overnight travel required.
SALARY LEVEL: Salaried
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Start Date: eta 10/01/13
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON-LINE AT: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6313161
MTM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity